We are seeking a full-time heavy equipment operator who will safely and efficiently operate the equipment used at GLE Scrap Metal’s Recycling Center.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance inspections – Communicate repair needs to Supervisor.
- Operating equipment under various work conditions
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
- Ability to meet attendance schedule in a dependable and consistent manner
- Displaying a safety-first mindset at all times
- Willingness to learn and tackle new challenges
- Demonstrating dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Works well with team members or independently
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Ability to operate heavy equipment within company safety policies and procedures
- Ability to operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights such as loaders, cranes, forklifts, etc.
- Handling maintenance on equipment
- Ability to cross-train in other positions and assists other employees as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand for duration of shift and the ability to handle frequent physical activity