GLE Scrap Metal has an immediate opening for a Yard Worker responsible for the general maintenance, organization, and inventory of materials of the construction yard located at our main office.
- Keep yard clean and organized
- Operating power equipment such as mowers, line trimmers, chainsaws etc.
- Raking, weeding, hauling debris, pruning and application of lawn amendments
- Maintaining a clean work environment, taking the initiative to pick up and know how our yard should be kept
- Understanding the purpose of different types of materials, and the positioning and lay out of the yard
- Unloading, receiving and taking inventory of scheduled deliveries, as well as materials brought back on truck from job site clean ups.
- Conducting a weekly inventory of yard items being stocked to insure correct material levels and which items need to be reordered.
- Monitoring construction debris trash
- Refueling and re-greasing equipment at the end of each day to insure proper upkeep and longevity
- Clean and repair yard equipment, vehicles and yard property & structures as needed
- Helping and assisting customers and contractors
- Clean or prepare job site to eliminate possible hazards
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones
- Reliable transportation and Valid driver’s license
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Physical ability to lift heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and other physical activities for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors with expose to the sun and incremental weather
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Use of hand and power tools
- Ability to work safely and properly follow all company policies
- Ability for sitting, standing, walking, forward bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pulling/ pushing and reaching
- Ability to be self-directed, with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and can work alone