GLE Scrap Metal is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to effectively communicate with customers to ensure quality service, and to manage the entire order cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction. We’re looking for a reliable logistics coordinator responsible for our supply chain management, including organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve problems that may arise
- Meet cost, productivity and accuracy targets
- Analyze metrics data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Ability to utilize cost-effective resources
- Communicate with the company, customers and partner carriers
- Ensure compliance with safety
- Experience working in logistics
- Ability to successfully demonstrate knowledge of distribution and logistics
- Proficiency in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment
- Frequent use of computer and telephone
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Understanding of Logistics
- Positive and Professional Attitude
- Strategic Thinking
- Focused on providing strong Client Services
- Great Organizational Skills
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Project management skills.