A worldwide leader in metals recycling, GLE Scrap Metal has an opening for a metal trader in Longwood, Florida.
- Ability to follow markets, develop daily price sheet, price material, settle with suppliers, distinguish discrepancies, and understand different varieties of materials
- Actively procure a variety of competitively priced scrap metal packages, ensuring timely delivery and continuous supply
- Produce daily price sheet illustrating pricing of various grades of material which reflects true market conditions and ability to purchase at given volumes;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vast array of suppliers;
- Coordinate with customers and vendors in regards to scheduling deliveries of material;
- Actively communicate with vendors about materials purchased, depicting any special/specific requirements for the package;
- Develop relationships with scrap metal consumers and understand packages that can be sold including; ingot by-product packages, export packages, and foundry packages;
- Learn and understand how scrap is processed for foundry use and assist leadership with developing strategies to minimize input costs and maximize margins.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience in financial analysis, forecasting
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively multi-task priorities
- Analyze data and report on financials
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening, and physical
- Very detail-oriented
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong project management skills, teamwork, problem-solving and creativity
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail