GLE Scrap Metal, a family-owned scrap recycling firm, is hiring a cashier to handle day to day cash transaction. The cashier would be part of the accounts department, responsible of handling only those tasks that involve cash transactions. This is an entry-level position for a candidate with an aptitude for accounts.
- Operating a cash register accurately
- Tendering multiple forms of payment while ensuring our customers experience a friendly, efficient checkout process
- Interacting with customers in a fast-paced environment
- Managing all the cash transactions in the office
- Maintaining the daily account of the daily transactions
- Checking the daily cash balance
- Solving all cash related queries from customers
- Reporting discrepancies they find within the accounts to their superiors
- High school diploma
- Proficiency in mathematics
- Strong communications skills that help to develop courteous conversation with the customers
- Ability to manage the rush of customers and helping each one of them promptly
- Dedicated to providing exceptional customer service
- Displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; making change for cash customers
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Ability to remain calm, pleasant, and poised in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Operating credit card authorization system.
- Maintaining accurate cash drawer
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Responding quickly and efficiently to customers’ needs and requests.