GLE Scrap Metal, a family-owned scrap recycling firm, is looking to hire a full-time accountant to handle day to day corporate accounting operations that includes the monthly financial close and Financial Reporting. The chosen applicant will be an analytical, detail-oriented individual who can assist with aspects of preparing journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and payables process support.
- Interact with corporate staff and plant management on financial and accounting topics.
- Respond to data/financial requests as needed.
- Fixed asset accountant duties.
- Perform various month end tasks including journal entries, preparing invoices, cash account reconciliations, and corporate account reconciliations.
- Research and resolve any account discrepancies related to account reconciliations
- Responsible for intercompany balancing and interacting with each Plant Controller to resolve intercompany discrepancies
- Complete balance sheet account reconciliation reviews with the Corporate Controller for all Corporate locations
- Handle preparation for Capital project requests, including financial justification, follow-up, and review
- Respond to internal and external audit requests
- Create all invoices needed to fulfill contract terms/agreements
- Maintain all Accounts Receivable journals, schedules, and files relating to contracts
- Prepare financial analyses and special projects as required
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide executive leaders
- Routes miscellaneous invoices to management for approval of payment
- Issues checks in accordance with payment terms and internal processing schedule
- Communicates directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies and clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, quantities, payment terms, etc.
- Researches customer accounts to handle inquiries by telephone, in writing or by direct personal contact
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Experience in financial analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, and/or controllership
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively multi-task priorities
- Analyze data and report on financials
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Very detail oriented
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong project management skills, teamwork, problem-solving and creativity
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles